Louisiana State University, (Baton Rouge, LA)
Major: Interior Design (CIDA Accredited, Selective admissions Program)
• Overall GPA: 3.53
• GPA in Major: 3.91
Darlington School (Rome, GA)
High School Diploma with Honors May, 2006
• Computer Skills: AutoCad, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk, VIZ, Microsoft Office
• Strong research skills, extensive study in fine arts and architecture
• Ability to work independently as well as in team situation
• Strong problem solving skills; ability to grasp concepts easily
• Passion, dedication and a willingness to work hard
• Good Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
Walt Disney World (Orlando, FL)
• Entertainment (Active Seasonal Employment)
• Summer, 2008
SouthEastern Pathology Rome, GA
Laboratory Assistant/Courier Summer, 2006
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining slide records
• Assisted with redesign and reorganization of warehouse
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
• Dean’s List: Fall 2006, Fall 2007, Spring 2008
• Tiger Scholar Scholarship
• Honor Societies: National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Gamma BetaPi
• Other Memberships: Habitat for Humanity, Interior Design Student Organization, Amnesty International
• Significant High School Activities: President Drama Club & Concert Choir, Member of House Senate, Admissions Liaison, IMPACT Club (Inspiring Minds to Promote Appreciation of Cultures Together)
• Team R.E.A.D.: Assisted in the creation of and Secretary for this non-profit organization dedicated to improving literacy though book discussion in schools.
• Community Theater: Extensive experience assisting with production and direction, as well as performing in featured roles.
• Interests include music (voice, guitar, piano) and theater (performance and production).
• Tutoring children in the Baton Rouge area
WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE
•IDEC Charette Competition (2007, 2008)
o This competition challenged a team of students to complete a specific design program within a limited amount of time. Design solutions had to include schematic design, space planning, 3-D rendering, material selection, research, and board layouts.
• HEJ- High End Jewelers
o This was an International student design competition through the Institute of Store Planners. It challenged students to design a high end jewelry store. Design solution included Research, space planning, materials and finishes, three dimensional renderings, board layouts, and presentation.
•“The Life and Times of King Kong”
o In this project, students did set design for the play, “The Life and Times of King Kong” about the many different interpretations of King Kong since the premiere of his first movie in 1935. Tasks included space design, lighting design, three dimensional modeling and animation using Autodesk VIZ, set construction, and storyboard creation.
•SourceOne Wallpaper design
o This national completion challenged students to design residential and commercial wall coverings.
• Meishan Cultural and Ecological Park
o This design project was run in collaboration with Hunan University in China. The project challenged students to design different areas of the Meishan Cultural and Ecological Park. I chose to design a courtyard style hotel, where my tasks included extensive research, space planning of a multi story hotel, schematic design, interior and exterior three dimensional modeling, board layouts, and presentation.